flash in vb.net

andmar

Programming Experience
1-3
with the shockwave component vb.net play flash movies.
this works fine but the background from this player is never transparent
so what i need is a flashplayer for vb.net where i can set a background image

any ideas?

the complete background

may be you know incredimail
this program shows nice animations if a new mail is coming
this animations are flash files (swf)

what i will do is the same
show the flash that it looks like it is shown directly on the desktop

I'm afraid I don't understand your question so I can't possibly answer it.
However let me guess for a while. You have that third part product and now you want to expand its features ... am i right? Well, vb.Net is probably able to comunicate with flash through fscommand only and that's the only way to change background through vb.net. But if you involve that increadiamail ... i don't think so.

Cheers ;)

ok from the beginning

i have a transparent flash (swf) file from third party

however
with the shockwave component from vb.net i can play this flash file
but
as i said the flash is transparent so i see the background color from the player

what im searching for is
a flash player for vb.net where i can set a background image so you dont see the players background color but the background image behind the transparent flash animation

so something like this:
o) create a form with no border
o) give a flash player to the form and size the player with the same size as the form (so you cant see the form)
o) grab a part from the desktop picture and set this picture as background picture from the flash player (at this time you dont see the window and the player
o) play the flash file in the player

so it looks like the flash animation is directly shown on the desktop

i hope this is easier to understand (with my english)
kind regards
Andre

The Shockwave Flash Object you are almost certainly using is not actually a .NET component but an ActiveX control provided by Macromedia. It has BackgroundColor and BGColor properties. I've played with these a little but I'm not sure exactly how to use them. It may well be that some combination will give you what you want. It would seem strange that Macromedia wouldn't provide this functionality. I'd suggest you try the Macromedia web site for information.

Wait a minute JM ... you can play with Shockwave Flash Object and Flash Movie .swf but you cannot play with any third part app there. More precisely you cannot load an exe there. Btw, i was trying to tell him that he is able to change background programatically in runtime from within flash movie (with only AS). Also with actionscript he can unload the current movie & then load another one ... loadMovie ("Movie.swf", 0), also he can change background color in runtime through setRGB() function and many other stuff. However, he doesn't need vb.net for that.

Cheers ;)

Back