how to create multi users e.g admin and normal employee

dilse4sk

Programming Experience
Beginner
hello every one i am now to vb and i want to create a multi user Forms application but i dont have idea how to do it. basically i am using vb.net 2010 and sql server 2008 as my backend database . i want to create admin account who has all the permission on database and who can see all available option on windows forms.on the other hand i want to create normal employees account which have limited permission to view the options on the forms and who cannot delete a record from database.only admin can..
please help me with this bcz i dont knw how to create separate logins with permissions over database..
thnx

create the login form then in your database where you have the users, put a user status so that when your login with the username and password that match that of an admin, it give your all the rights.

sir i am new in this technique can u plz explain it more kindly refer if u have any documentation. i want to create also an admin account and also contain regular account.

You should implement roles in your application. You have a table for users, a table for roles and a table for users in roles. When a user logs in, you check what role(s) they're in and then grant them access to the functionality appropriate to that role(s). That functionality is built into ASP.NET and it can build the appropriate schema in a SQL Server database for you. It needs a little bit of jiggery-pokery but you can make use of that same membership functionality in WinForms apps too.

asp.net membership windows forms - Bing

Back