Question Importing a Database after distribution

B.P.

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am trying to develop a database program for my school’s service club. It will keep a database of member’s names, info, and total hours worked in the club. The thing is the people who use the program will probably change annually. So, rather than add members to the database each year I would like the program to allow to export the database onto a flash drive. When the program is installed on the next users computer I would like them to be able to import that database and use it rather than the database that comes with the program(but still have the blank database should something happen to the old one). I am using an access database that I have added to the project. Can someone explain how I would do this or else post a link(I only know vb.net). Also, if it matters, the access file is set to copy if newer.
-BP
Btw, I have also considered offering instructions to have the user find the programs files himself and replace it manually. I have a few problems with this. First, I would not know how to do this myself(this is my first database program). Second, I feel like having the user mess with the programs files is a little risky. But if you have ideas about this then I would be glad to hear them

Back