Information Required

TwoWing

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello.
1. Firstly, I don't know if I am in the correct location to ask this and I didn't know of a suitable title.
You want feedback? Well, I have never met a finer set of people to give assistance - and I don't just mean computering. What I like is the thought given to the answer - that the reader may not know the things that are normally taken for granted. The everyday sort of things that are done in programming without really knowing one is doing it. I am learning a lot from here. Full marks to you!
2. Ignorant I am! What is meant by a 'signature' within the world of computers?
3. What is exactly meant by 'Platform' ? In the 'Profile' update I put 1.1. because I have dotNET version 2005. Is that right? Is this in the same vein as 'Framework'? How can I find out about this machine I am on now. Do I need to update.....and so on.
4. You have me down as aged 65. I keep maintaining I am 48 and a little bit over. :D No one believes me. Just my little bit of fun! ;)
Thanks for all your work, TwoWing.

1. There is a lot to learn from giving answers to questions too.

2. Signature here is something that will display at the bottom of every forum post made, some have something clever to say, others have not. I see several people here provide a good set of support links in their signature. I read somewhere, if you change it only new posts hold the new signature, old posts stay as they were, didn't find this in forum docs. http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/faq.php

3. Primary platform is helpful for the people reading the posts and for those helping out. Version 1.x of .Net and Visual Basic/Studio 2003 has been around a while and much people is primarily working with this set. With the new .Net 2.0 and the currently free Express editions of Visual Basic/Studio 2005 there are a lot of people trying out and seeking help for the new stuff. .Net 2 is of course build from .Net 1, though much alike there are many differences and quite some evolvement to the 2.0 framework. So answers can differ for the platforms of .Net even if the questions and intensions are the same. You may of course ask questions relating to another platform than the primary one.

4. Age is funny.. :)

Back