Question Is these any class or method to monitor "Not Responding" App?

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,
I am currently automating a Java Client- Server Application Using a Commercial Test Tool (Silktest Workbench).
This tool allows VB.Net Scripting for Automating Test Scripts.
Some times My Application(AUT-Application Under Test) entering into Not responding State, Then my Test Tool waiting for Application response for longer time and then failing to recover the Test execution. In this Case I need to restart the Application under Test using the VB.Net Script.
Is these any class or method in VB.Net language to monitor "Not Responding" Applications in VB.Net?
Is there and Class or Method to Kill the Not Running Processes in VB.Net?
Please provide some Code Sample if Possible...

Thanks,
Rajendra

On your test machines, assuming they are Windows, disable error reporting. Start > Run > gpedit.msc. Then in Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Error Reporting. Set "Display Error Notification" to Disabled, "Disable Windows Error Reporting" to Enabled, and "Prevent Display of User Interface for Critical Errors" to Enabled. That will prevent any pesky unexpected dialogs from interrupting your test. The test suite you are using should have its own setting to detect non-responsive application, with a custom timer. At least TestComplete does, in the project options.

Alternatively you could use the test suite's OnUnexpectedWindow (or equivalent) event to handle any dialogs and recover.

From managing a flotilla of 50 VMs in continuous automated testing, try to disable everything you possibly can in your test environment.

As far as detecting an unresponsive process, the Process class has a .Responding boolean property.

thank you herman

On your test machines, assuming they are Windows, disable error reporting. Start > Run > gpedit.msc. Then in Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Error Reporting. Set "Display Error Notification" to Disabled, "Disable Windows Error Reporting" to Enabled, and "Prevent Display of User Interface for Critical Errors" to Enabled. That will prevent any pesky unexpected dialogs from interrupting your test. The test suite you are using should have its own setting to detect non-responsive application, with a custom timer. At least TestComplete does, in the project options.

Alternatively you could use the test suite's OnUnexpectedWindow (or equivalent) event to handle any dialogs and recover.

From managing a flotilla of 50 VMs in continuous automated testing, try to disable everything you possibly can in your test environment.

As far as detecting an unresponsive process, the Process class has a .Responding boolean property.

Back