Lock the computer

paulthepaddy

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi people, this might be a hard question to answer,

long story short, i want to create an applicaion that will stop the user from being able to do anything once they "account time" has run out.

i was thinking of using a timer and once the timer reached zero, an admin user had to log on for the computer to be usable again. but topmost isn't stoping the form from being switched to another application.

so far i have got the, login forms created and the form for adding time to the account, but now i just cant think of how i am going to stop the user from using the computer

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
paulthepaddy

hi guys, i decided to use a splash screen and made it topmost, the user this is for is a child and wont know all the windows shortcut keys, plus they are all disabled apart form ctrl+alt+del :(

my issue now is, the splashscreen is the application start form, and i load a login form on a right click, after a login i need the splashscreen to hide, but i cant figure out how i am ment to reference it for a hide method.

i am either missing something very simple or its very hard lol.

i have googled it as best i can and all i am getting is the basic form closing and all that

hi just seen you post, only thing i can suggest is using API to make you apps main form Top upper most over the oprtating system its self, also with the keys "CRTL, ALT an DEL" you can use API again to disable the Keys Pressed, although not a good idea unless you code in away for the admin to get the TaskManager incase needed, Either search google on API or MSDN, Personally API would be a better Option, You could use the WMI Creator, im sure theirs a post on here about it if not Check microsoft.com only donload off their no other random site.

Hope That Helps.

hi thanks for the reply

soirry its taken me so long to get back to you, aafter loads of googling i got what i needed.

many thanks

plus rep :D

Back