Question MapPoint ?

Jay1b

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi

Having just received my shiny new MSDN subscription, i've been toying with MapPoint and am very impressed with what it can do. I would like to incorporate the MapPoint component in a reporting tool I help to write for my company.

So I was hoping someone could help with the following questions:

1) Do you know of any decent examples for using the more advanced options within VB.NET? So far i've only figured out how to do the route planning aspect.

2) If i write a program using the MapPoint component, I'm guessing each user would need MapPoint installed to use it? Would Autoroute suffice?

3) If I do (2) could I store the data on a server somewhere, and any user just recalls the data from the central point? - What would be the licensing implications of this?

4) If I created a program which used the MapPoint component, run this program on a server. Then have other clients application connect to the server based program, requesting various maps, the server application runs the maps, saves it as a JPG and passes it back to the client apps. What would the licensing implications be?

Thanks for reading this, i'd be grateful to replies for each or any of the questions.

Thanks.

Jay.

Latest posts

Back