Need Controls like MS Office ones

SMR

Programming Experience
3-5
Hello
I need some components for my program (being written in VB.net 2003) similar to the ones that Microsoft has used in Office 2003 or the ones that this Forum uses (e.g. in the page I'm writing in right now.)...Can I download it from internet? Can anybody help me? Or is at possible...?

There are tons of third party components available. Just about any vendor such as SharpLibrary, Infragistics, Developer Express, Data Dynamics, Janus Systems, all have them.

Anyone have any experience with the Sharp Library or know of an independent review of the product? It looks really nice and the cost seems reasonable but two things concern me:

1. Looking at the release version history, there were an awful lot of bug fixes - 47 in the last three releases which spanned just three months.

2. You get only 4 months of updates. That means you probably get stuck paying for maintenance releases which should be free IMHO.

I use SharpLibrary quite a bit. Fantastic suite of controls with source! 47 bugs is nothing for the number of controls you get! They are working hard all the time for perfection. Often it may be one bug but across 30 controls, and yes, that counts as 30 bugs to them!

Back