Question NEED HELP IN CREATING CAFE ORDERING Via SMS APPLICATION

Michelleee_Ong

Programming Experience
Beginner
The main function of this application is when the sender sends to the system “Menu” , the system will automatically send back to the sender the list of items in the menu. In the menu, there will be a list of codes beside the items as well as the price.
If the sender would like to order a certain item, the sender just needs to sms “ORDER- Item Code” to the system and if the item is valid, the system will automatically reply back “ Order has been made! Please pay at the counter before you leave!” If the item is invalid, the system will automatically reply “Invalid item code.” This is the attached file of my form.

Attachments

• Mobile Application qz,wk.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
So what question are you asking here? are you having a problem with your code?

Take a browse through the forums here, use the search functions... others have asked for help regarding SMS based applications and they'd be a good place for you to start.

I will ask you one question though - what technology are you intending on using to receive/send the SMS messages?

I'm guessing you've not looked into this too far...you need something to bridge the gap between your code and the mobile data network that SMS is delivered by, this is usually provided by a hardware device - either an internal card, or external device that can accept one or more SIM cards to enable access to the mobile network(s). There are, I believe, also third parties that will route the traffic, although the only ones I've heard about handle outbound data only.

Whichever route you go, you're unlikely to be able to achieve what you're after for free.

You're also unlikely to have someone create the code for you here - putting aside the fact that any solution will be based on what technology you use to interact with SMS, the community here are happy to help when you run into problems, but aren't about to do all the work for you.

I would suggest using email on the server end. You can email SMS messages to phones and you can SMS to email addresses (usually). I have played with a similar idea in the past. I would start there.

Back