.NET Career .. Please Advise.

pnjboyzz

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi All,
i have completed my BS from city tech college in NY. they have all of us get coding from the book.. i am very nervious abt going to real world applying this knowledge.
can some one please explain me how do programmers get their coding ? is it from books ? or elsewhere ?
Is .NET still in demand ?
win or ASP ?
at work place, how many pages of coding usually written ?
thanks

I'm not in your area but I can confidently say that the demand for .NET developers is growing. As for your other questions, there's no definitive answer. You can learn new things from anywhere you can get information. That might include books but you should endeavour to make use of the vast number of resources available on the web. Always make use of the relevant MSDN documentation but read as much as you can of as much as you can. As for how much code you write, it really depends on the position. You're going to be working about 8 hours a day and the majority of that time should be spent coding, so you should be able to make a pretty good estimate.

I'm not in your area but I can confidently say that the demand for .NET developers is growing. As for your other questions, there's no definitive answer. You can learn new things from anywhere you can get information. That might include books but you should endeavour to make use of the vast number of resources available on the web. Always make use of the relevant MSDN documentation but read as much as you can of as much as you can. As for how much code you write, it really depends on the position. You're going to be working about 8 hours a day and the majority of that time should be spent coding, so you should be able to make a pretty good estimate.

Thanks for your response..
i have some questions to ask.
in .NET programming, ASP.NET , C#.NET or VB.NET... programmers usually write business application?
can i have your email id ? i have some more q's to ask.
thanks

There is definately demand for .Net developers. At our place it ranges as we have to take on multiple projects which range from creating Winforms, Services, ASP .Net etc etc but i guess that comes with time. As for business applications you will only get to that level once you get some confidence and can separate layers where required. In general newbies wont be expected to write difficult applications but must have a foundation to do minor tasks and/or help with existing code to gain some experience.

Back