Question .Net for Gaming Applications

Saket

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am just curious to know if .Net is used for creating Gaming applications... Because mostly i see Games or Gaming Companies wanting ppl who know J2EE,J2ME C++ etc.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

The catch to this though is that, as far as I understand microsoft only officially supports C# witn XNA studio. VB.NET is not officially supported.

Regards

ScottyB

Thanks!!

Thanks alot JuggaloBrotha!

Btw do u know of any gaming company that actually uses these technologies for building their games?

n as Scott just pointed out, that microsoft supports only C# with XNA studio so what if i am a Vb.Net developer and i want to work for some company that is into building games like say Eidos... :)

I am asking this bcoz i am a newbie n am currently working with VB and Vb.Net in my company which is into ERP n stuff. But im really interested in games n game development and it wud b a big help if my wrk experience here can b beneficial....thats all

Thanks again!!

Thanks alot JuggaloBrotha!

Btw do u know of any gaming company that actually uses these technologies for building their games?
Microsoft, I wouldn't be surprised if pieces of Halo 1, 2 and 3 were made with XNA
n as Scott just pointed out, that microsoft supports only C# with XNA studio so what if i am a Vb.Net developer and i want to work for some company that is into building games like say Eidos... :)
C#'s flow isn't all that different from VB.Net, it's the C++/Java syntax that makes C#'s code look weird and confusing.
I am asking this bcoz i am a newbie n am currently working with VB and Vb.Net in my company which is into ERP n stuff. But im really interested in games n game development and it wud b a big help if my wrk experience here can b beneficial....thats all
Learning C# on the side may help you a lot in the long run, once you start learning more than one language you're able to learn even more languages pretty easily. Also by learning more than 1 language you start getting experience with doing things from different angles
Thanks again!!
np

Back