.NET Framework 2.0 security policy

NateDogg

Programming Experience
5-10
The security policies in the 2.0 framework are making my development work almost impossible. Every day I seem to get a new permissions error. I am trying to customize excel using .NET 2005 Beta 1. This is the general error I get: The .NET security policy does not permit the customization to run. blah blah blah blah blah.

Here's what I've done:

In the .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration tool, I have added as many code groups as I can think of. Some documentation I found indicated to put something like file///\\networkmachine\sharedfolder as the name of the code group, then just select "All Code", where others suggested putting in a "URL" type security token and putting the path/folder in the URL. I have done both suggestions in all code areas (enterprise, machine, and user) and still can not get this to work consistently.

I got my app working yesterday after adding numerous of these security tokens, but today it wont' run again!?!?!?!? It is very frustrating that I can't run my own damn code!!!! If anyone has found some decent documentation on this security stuff please let me know where to look. Does this mean that deployment will be as big of a hassle if I can't even run it on my development machine?

Thanks,

Nathan

Back