Prevent others from referencing your DLL?

Administrator

VB.NET Forum Admin
Programming Experience
10+
I'm looking for ideas other then password protecting a constructor for preventing access to my class libraries. Is there a way that a library will only "listen" or allow connections (referencing) from specific applications?

Maybe you could have an install code registered somewhere and check for this different places internally in library?

I think I'll explore the ILMerge type of feature to embed my shared libraries into my app, that was the DLL is not exposed to the outside world but segregated for our development purposes.

You could possibly check the name and details of the main assembly for the application.

Well the security services just issued from MS (SLPS? i think is the name) you cna use the obfuscation in such a way that the main app knows the methods, but any one coming after would be baffled to make sense of them.

They would have have to be obfuscated at the same time/ same solution from what i have read, i am just getting into this nifty thing.

depending on how the licensing works that could provide a key lock only the main app could open.

of course a combined strategy would probably be even better.

You could check the stack to see what is calling - I've written a few posts about the stack in my blog (see link below).

Alternatively, use an Unlock function that you need to pass a secret key into before any functions work.

Back