Pseudo code

myblueocean

Programming Experience
Beginner
When do you use pseudo code?:rolleyes:

In the initial designing of the main routine plus the sub's and functions

Right, so for example "if" and "else"?

But you obviously don't include variables or any kind of code?

Do you think this is a good example?

"*Draw a rectangle

*rectangle colour is white

*rectangle moves down

*then moves up

*"

Not quite finished...um but does it really make any good pseudo? A little too vague?

Is it necessary considering what it may be?

It's more for complex software?

Right then so my code is written fine so far...

Yep

Pseudo code is meant to be used to write down things like logic, structure, sometimes flow (which is logic), etc before you actually start writing the real code that does the tasks that's needed.

Think of it as an overview, I've used pseudo code for designing a single sub routine or function, but I've also used it to design an entire application. Then after I've gotten the logic worked out, I start writing the actual code.

I agree that it's a good thing but I actually find it easier to code as I'm so used to it. If I try pseudocode I actually get bogged down quite quickly. It also helps that I can type much faster than I can write :) yeah yeah, I know I could type the pseudocode too but that kind of defeats the purpose really...

yeah yeah, I know I could type the pseudo code too but that kind of defeats the purpose really...

Not really, some people (like myself) can't use pen and paper quickly (with it being legible) I'm much faster at typing.

For the few times I do use pseudo code, I type it up in an outline form then print it, which gets me the same results as having written it out on paper in the first place.

Plus my bosses can read the printed copy verses my hand writing.

Back in college my professors had us use the B-Liner program for pseudo code, which I would love to still use, but my license expired a long time ago

fair point :) I still find code easier though. It's just plain easier to read with the colour coding and intellisense helping... and the object browser too of course... and my browser on the google page... and... :)

I just typed my stuff in a text file.

But if you write up well I want something a certain way. Then how does the programmer know that? I mean in a graphical way. How does a person know that you mean a certain shape, even if it isn't a shape, a bunch of lines.

But if you write up well I want something a certain way. Then how does the programmer know that? I mean in a graphical way. How does a person know that you mean a certain shape, even if it isn't a shape, a bunch of lines.

What are you talking about?

If a you wanted a planet on you're form, how would someone reading you're code know how to do that? Without the exact way of making it.

If a you wanted a planet on you're form, how would someone reading you're code know how to do that? Without the exact way of making it.
What are you talking about?

My gosh, everyone will soon start saying this!:D

Alright, ahhhh, you have a form in front of you. Now lets make that a game program.

So, a game to do with space needs a planet right?

So how do you make that and say that in pseudo?:rolleyes:

:confused:Understand people?

Back