Question ShowDoc/IEFrame Display Issue

Erickson

Programming Experience
3-5
Has anyone had issues with or come across in VB.NET 2003 the ShowDoc/IEFrame Web Control displaying a blank white page when using either the Navigate or the Navigate2 commands?

I have a Windows Form with an embedded Web Control that will at “random” intervals begin displaying white blank pages instead of the HTML files it is being given. Once this happens all HTML controls in the app will do this and continue to do so until the app is closed and relaunched. I have never been able to recreate this issue inside the IDE, only when running the app and it seems like the more tracing and test code I put in to gather information on what is happening, the less frequently it happens.

The HTM files in question are both written out to the machine before the path is passed to the Navigate routine as well as a pre-existing HTM file which always resides on the machine. I have seen the displaying blank issue happen with both the written out at display time and the always existing HTM files on the machine.

I put a call in place to shell the HTM file out to an instance of IE as well as display it in my HTML form and when my form displays blank, the instance of IE loads the HTML file without any issues. This is being considered as a work around for this issue but is not ideal for all situations.

I have test code in place on the NavigateComplete2, DocumentComplete and NavigateError events on the ShowDoc/IEFrame Web Control. The NavigateError event is never triggered, interrogation of the other two events tells me that the HTML control itself completes and has the HTML from the file I gave it.

Any thoughts or things I can try to troubleshoot this would be appreciated as I am not sure where else to go with this particular issue.

Thanks

Back