Question Anyone have a "blank screen" issue in VS 2022?

J. Scott Elblein

Programming Experience
10+
I'm very frequently having an issue where a Windows Form tab in [Design] mode shows nothing but all white:

1690206696766.png

It seems to usually happen after running the debugger; after closing the debugee it's just a white screen... so far I've only been able to "fix" it by running "rebuild solution", or completley closing that design tab and re-opening it, but this gets agonizing when you have to do it very frequently.

Is anyone aware if this, and/or having it happen as well? Know a solution perhaps?

Also, side question; is csharpforums.com also run by this same site owner/crew? If so, are our logins shared across sites? (it'd be kinda nice not to have to re-register :p )

That's not something I've seen, but I don't do a lot of WinForms stuff these days. Does it happen for .NET Framework or .NET Core or both? The WinForms designer for .NET Core (.NET 5 and later are based on .NET Core) was built from the ground up and is not just the same thing as that for .NET Framework. If it's not something commonly encountered, it may be worth your while to repair VS, if you haven't already.

Back