Testing Tools

Aarvee

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi !

Having suggested the creation of this forum, I thought I will also put in the first message.

I understand from various browsings and interactions that NUnit is one of the more popular testing framework. I did go through their documentation. However I must admit that I could not get the hang of it. Probably due to my ignorance.

Can someone who has worked with it explain in simple terms and also perhaps through an example of how to go about using NUnit ?

Please also share in this forum your experience on any other testing tools that you use.

Thanks and Best Regards

Varadarajan R

I've downloaded NUnit but haven't got around to using it just yet. I intend to early in the new year. I'd also be interested to hear what others have to say. Aarvee, are you familiar with the concepts of unit testing?

I am also in the same situation since I am busy with my current development project. In a limited way what I understood is that for each module we develop test data to check the limits of input and also the accuracy of the output given the test input. I could be very much out of sync in understanding this. Hence my post in the first place. I certainly believe that with tools like NUnit, most of the routine drudgery of testing is left to the tool with us concentrating on the test data where our core competence should be.

I will of course keep sharing my experience with the testing tools from time to time. Let us all learn together.

Varadarajan R

Back