vb6 is more powerful then vb.net

Johnson

Programming Experience
Beginner
It's all i keep seeing on this forum i have started posting on. Drives me insane. Just thought i'd vent this frustration

any one got any comments

There are some things that are simpler in VB6 than in VB.NET, but simplicity certainly does not equal power. In fact, in most cases, simplicity limits power. There are far more things that are simpler in VB.NET than in VB6, especially with all the newer features added in recent versions. I've never actually used VB6 myself. I tried once, back in the days when I was working in C++, and ran screaming from the building. When I left that job, I decided to try out the "new" VB and took to it like a duck to water. The thing that most immediately stands out is multi-threading. You ask anyone who thinks VB6 is more powerful to write a multi-threaded app and let's see who breaks down and cries first. I'd insist on examples from anyone who makes that claim because, frankly, I'm not aware of anything that VB6 can do that VB.NET can't.

I think they base the whole argument on .NET needs the frame work. But vb6 requires Run times, which im told are not going to be bundled in w8

I started with basic applications in vb6, and compared to .NET IMO, 6 can not touch it

jmc: in your opinion would you say vb.net is a powerful language. I personally think it is and got remarks back like "No api but its powerful? lolool please whats next... html is powerful too?"

Back