Visual Studio Deployment not copying all files

mkolias

Programming Experience
5-10
Hello Everyone,

I am having the weirdest issue. I converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2005 and fixed all the errors and warnings. When I install my application on the web server and then go to test the application I get the error :

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'WebClient.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="WebClient.Global" %>

I tracked this down to the fact that not all of my pages and the code behind were being copied during deployment. I copied over the files I had on my local machine and it worked. Th problem with this was that it was referencing items on my local machine instead of the server and it would blow up on occasion. I found out that I could set the files to "copy always" and it should include it in the output directory that is included in the setup project. I did this at first and everything looked like it was working. Out of no where it stopped working and eventhough I am including the files to "copy always" it is not copying the files and I am back to the global.asax error. Why isn't copying over the files on deployment? What am I missing? Do I need to explicitly set something up in the webclient project or the setup project? Please help:eek:

Back