When people are installing my software, they get "unknow publisher"

Phil Pelt

Programming Experience
10+
My software installs ok on other computers, but before installing on Windows computers it says, "warning this could be harmful" and "Unknown Publisher" before it will install. My setup file is like: MyprogramSetup.msi and I use Advance Installer to create deployment. Anybody know what I need to do to avoid the warnings? Thanks

You guys are slow.
You're not going to make too many friends with comments like that. Many people are currently on holidays and those who are active are scattered around the world, in different time zones. Maybe we're just not on this site at the exact time you are.
I already figured it out.
Perhaps you could provide your solution then, so that others who find themselves in a similar position, search the web for answers and are directed here won't have wasted their time.

Maybe the thing to remember here is that everyone has access to Google, including you. The fact that you couldn't find the answer inside 2 hours says a lot more about you than us.

Besides, for normal managed code, you don't need to buy an expensive and useless trusted CA certificate. You can just self-sign the assembly.

Last edited:
Back