Windows 7 Prank Made With VB 2008 Enjoy lol

old_school

Programming Experience
3-5
I was bord today and made a Windows 7 Prank for IT guys or whom ever. Real simple to setup. Set the res to 1028 x 768 and install the software. Next click on its icon on the desktop and set back. Try not to laugh as they click around. Once they click on the start buttion, it will load a image and any button they click will cause this fake screen to load:
blueScreenofdeath.jpg

Its pretty funny if you read the entire thing. It took me about 2 hours in Vb to make everything. To download the software, copy and paste the link below.

URL removed

I got one of my programmers with it, I laughed at him and he got a little upset. But he knew it was in good humor lol He plans to "return the favor" lol

Last edited by a moderator:
We're all for sharing programs, but it's against the policy to link directly to exe files, or to post them, or to post zip files containing them. You can post a zip file of the source code, just be sure to remove the bin & obj folders before zipping the project & uploading it here.

Well if you have the source can't you basicly steal the code and claim it as your own? Just saying, in this case its a harmless prank. But in other cases someone might of worked hard on a freeware program and some could steal it with the source code. Just something to consider.

The main reason we have this policy is because posting or linking to compiled code, the person downloading & running it has no idea if it contains malware, spyware or viruses/trojens.
This means if there is any malicious code & the person who downloads, compiles & runs it without checking first, it's on them as a user to have checked & not the responsibility of the forum.

With this being an open community, you should only post things that's available for anyone rather than posting copyrighted material or something you wouldn't want just anyone to be able to get.

A little "prank" app like this is probably not something of any value that you'd want to be concerned of who got the source code to it or not anyways.

Back