xcode and line numbers in Chrome

JohnH

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
Thanks for the info. I use Chrome too. If you hear of any updates that need to be installed for vBulletin let me know, I'll keep my eyes out too.

It's sad this is still not resolved by author of SyntaxHighlighter. It is possible to use a customized shCore.css though, according to the Stack Overflow link in previous post.

Today I found another bug with it, if you add multiple different xcode blocks, for example one 'vb' and one 'xml', then SyntaxHighlighter can only find the first of those 'brushes'. Both works by themselves, but not together. This bug also affects the page globally, so if for example 'vb' brush is used in one post, then the 'xml' can't be found if used in a subsequent post in thread. I'm still using Chrome, btw.
I can't see this mentioned in the Issues list for past year, it is possible there is a misconfiguration of this plugin at this site?

I see the numbering layout in Chrome has been resolved and you're using a local copy of SyntaxHighlighter files now, nice! :pimp: :star:
The brushes bug is still present though :boxing:

I was wondering why it would sometimes tell me it couldn't find the brush, no matter what argument I passed the xcode tag. I thought it was cookies or something, but yeah your explanation makes sense John. Also other brushes that should work, don't, like 'js' or 'javascript'... Not that it matters much, but it feels broken when you actually want to use it.

I was wondering why it would sometimes tell me it couldn't find the brush, no matter what argument I passed the xcode tag. I thought it was cookies or something, but yeah your explanation makes sense John. Also other brushes that should work, don't, like 'js' or 'javascript'... Not that it matters much, but it feels broken when you actually want to use it.
All brushes work when it is the first brush used in that page, it is subsequent uses of any other brush that throws the error.

Back