Question code change is not applied on rebuild

ushassymon

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

I have a vb .net program on visual studion 2005. I modified my code for a bug fix. When I am rebuilding and running the application, it shows me the old version of my program, ie, the new changes are not taken effect. To test more, I changed a Label box text and tried to rebuild the program. The program shown me the screen with the old label text. The change was not affected. I tryed to save the application, close, reopen , unfortunately the same effect. Then I copied the project folder to my other laptop to see if visual studio had anything wrong. But then there also I am facing the same problem.

I deleted the bin folder contents and tryed to rebuild and run, it gave me the same problem.

I think I am trapped.... :(

I need a solution to this problem ASAP as I need to deliver the project to the customer

Any help will be highly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Ushas Symon

Try this

Delete the contents of your application bin\debug bin\release obj\debug and obj\release
I had the same problem. Even formating an reinstaling visual studio didn't Fix it. Finaly I deleted the content of those folders and it worked. Don't know why tho, could be a bug in vs.

Back