Namespace DataGrid not found.

sara.paiva

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi,

i´m developing a smartdeviceapplication and i can´t find the class DataGrid in System.Windows.Forms.

I´ve searched the help and i believe this is the correct namespace for this class?

Why doesn´t this class appear in this namespace? Have i got to install something or add some component?

Thanks
SPaiva

I've never developed for the CF before, but the DataGrid is a member of the System.Windows.Forms namespace and it is supported by the CF. Can you access other controls in this project?

Yes... I have access to other controls.. Do you mean anyone in particular?

Is there something i can install to solve the problem?

Thanks
Sara

I´m using C# so i used this:
private System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid myDGrig;

When i compile the project, the following error appears:
error CS0234: The name 'DataGrid' doesn´t exist in namespace 'System.Windows.Forms'.

//Sara

I´ve searched my explorer for the file System.Windows.Forms.dll and i´ve found one in directory c:\programas\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\WindowsCE.

If anyone has this namespace could you please send me the file so i can see if it works?

Thanks
Sara

I´ve noticed that i have also a file System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid.dll

Is this normal?
Is it possible that i have to import this file in order to access this class?

//Sara

I´ve solved the problem.

Turns out i had to add a reference to System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid.dll

I don´t know why it isn´t already added to every projects, but addind it solved the problem.

Thanks Anyway.
//Sara

I guess that this is one of the differences between the full and Compact Frameworks. It would be in order to reduce the size of apps that don't use a DataGrid I suppose.

Back