Need help with ASP 2.0 menu for website

easyeman

Programming Experience
1-3
Hey, I'm having this simple but annoying problem with a menu I've designed in Web Developer in ASP.net. Well it works fine but I'm trying to convert over to ASP 2.0 and when I have it in design it appears how I want it to, but when it goes online the text is different.

I want it to have a Verdana type font and the text to be white, but for some reason it makes it black font in Times New Roman for the menu items. I posted the code below for the MasterPage I did...somewhat a lot of code (160 lines) but I posted it so you could see what I did and how I designed it, and overall it's fine but I'm trying to get the menu to appear right and not sure how to get it since the code and all says that the text should be white so I must be missing something.

I was also trying to do it with CSS to see if that helped, but not too familiar with it. Anyway, would someone have any suggestions as to how I can ensure the text for the menu stays white and font is Arial or Verdana...and maybe someone can look over the code below to see where I could add it or where the problem may be. I'm completely stuck on this and have tried a few things and researched but not sure why it's just showing up as black text unless there's something conflicting with it. Thanks for the help.

Here's the code just in case someone needs to see how I did it and maybe test it out...I tried it but it didn't appear right. I don't like posting a lot of code and this is about 160 lines but it should help you see how I designed it, and everything seems to be fine but the menu.

I greatly appreciate the help. I just posted the code that involves the menu, and not the whole page since the text would be too large. Not sure how much help that'll be haha but I figure more info is better than not enough.

VB.NET:
<body style="Margin:0px; background-image: url(images/nafecoBACK.GIF);">
<form id="form1" runat="server" style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px">
     <div>
        <div>
             </div>
        <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-right: #9192b7 1px solid;
            width: 772px; border-bottom: #9192b7 1px solid">

<tr>
                    <td id="menu" style="width: 145px; padding-top: 5px" valign="top">
                        <table id="Table2" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"
                            style="height: 22px; margin-right: 7px; width: 145px;">
                            <tr>
<td align="center" height="1" style="padding-bottom: 2px; padding-top: 2px; background-color: #0000FF;"
                                    valign="middle" width="77">
                                    <asp:LinkButton ID="FireLink" runat="server" Font-Names="verdana,arial" Font-Size="7pt"
                                        ForeColor="White">Fire Division</asp:LinkButton></td>
                                <td align="center" style="height:1px; background-color:#0000FF; padding-top: 2px"
                                    valign="middle" width="77">
                                    <asp:LinkButton ID="PSLink" runat="server" Font-Names="verdana,arial" Font-Size="7pt"
                                        ForeColor="White">Public Safety</asp:LinkButton></td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr>
                                <td align="center" colspan="2" style="background-color:#0000FF; padding-bottom: 0px;
                                    padding-top: 0px; height: 16px" valign="middle">
                                    <asp:Label ID="MenuTitle" runat="server" Font-Bold="True" Font-Names="verdana,arial"
                                        Font-Size="7pt" ForeColor="White"></asp:Label></td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr>
                                <td align="center" bgcolor="#CD5340" colspan="2" height="16" style="padding-bottom: 0px;
                                    padding-top: 0px; height: 16px" valign="middle">
<font color="#ffffff" face="Arial" size="2"><strong style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 8pt;
                                        color: white; font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif">**  
<asp:HyperLink ID="EDSLink" runat="server" ForeColor="White" NavigateUrl="~/EveryDayDeals.aspx">Everyday Specials</asp:HyperLink>
                                         **</strong></font></td>
                            </tr>
                            <tr valign="top">
                                <td align="left" colspan="2" width="150">
<asp:Menu ID="PSMenu" runat="server" DataSourceID="XmlDataSource1" Width="143px" MaximumDynamicDisplayLevels="1">
                            <DataBindings>
                                <asp:MenuItemBinding DataMember="MenuItem" NavigateUrlField="url" TextField="title" />
                            </DataBindings>
                            <StaticMenuItemStyle ForeColor="White" />
                            <StaticSelectedStyle ForeColor="White" />
                            <DynamicMenuItemStyle ForeColor="White" BackColor="CornflowerBlue" Font-Names="Verdana" />
                            <StaticMenuStyle BackColor="CornflowerBlue" />
                            <LevelSelectedStyles>
                                <asp:MenuItemStyle Font-Underline="False" ForeColor="White" />
                            </LevelSelectedStyles>
                            <LevelMenuItemStyles>
                                <asp:MenuItemStyle Font-Underline="False" ForeColor="White" />
                            </LevelMenuItemStyles>
                        </asp:Menu>
                                </td>
                            </tr>
                        </table>
                    </td>
                    <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" colspan="3" nowrap="nowrap" style="font-weight: bold;
                        font-size: 10pt; width: 575px; color: #ffffff; padding-top: 5px; font-family: Arial"
                        valign="top">
                         </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td style="width: 145px; padding-top: 5px" valign="top">
                    </td>
                    <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" colspan="3" height="1" nowrap="nowrap" style="font-weight: bold;
                        font-size: 10pt; color: #ffffff; padding-top: 5px; font-family: Arial; text-align: center"
                        valign="top">
                    </td>
                </tr>

</table>
<asp:XmlDataSource ID="XmlDataSource1" runat="server" DataFile="~/menu.xml" XPath="/Menu/PSMenu/MenuItem"></asp:XmlDataSource>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>

Back