Printing Using Search

rosemacy

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,how am i going to print the data of a specific person from my database,using his ID to show all his records,then print it out.?thank you..

You're really talking about two separate things. Retrieving data from a database and printing data are two unrelated things and should be treated that way.

So, I would suggest that you start with the data access part. Do you know anything about data access? If not I'd suggest that you do some research on ADO.NET, which is the default .NET data access technology. There's a tutorial link in my signature below and it covers some basic data access. Have a go at retrieving the data and post back if you have issues. Once that parts done, then we can look at the printing part separately

Thanks for the reply sir. I'm using visual studio 2010 express, we are making a project for our school clinic its a requirement in our subject..my problem is how am i going to make a report on the patient history and print it out..i'm already done with the retrieving of data.:untroubled:

If it's a school project, do you have to write the printing code yourself or can you use an existing component, because I know where you can find a class that will print the contents of a DataGridView? If you populate a DataTable with your data then you could bind that to the grid and print it easily.

I have to write the codes sir..I tried printing the contents of the datagridview I got the codes from other tutorial, but my instructor said I should be able to choose which record is to be printed. For example,I have a record on the clinic,I should also be able to print only my record,other than the whole contents of the datagridview. How am i going to query that sir?..Thanks again for the kind response.

Yes sir,How am i going to do that?They advised me to use other vs2010 other than Express,and use crystal reports instead. But i'm still reading on how to use crystal reports coz we have not tackled it in the school yet.

Thanks sir..here's another problem:err:..i'm trying to use the report viewer ,i also made a design for the report,then i clicked 'add new data source',chose the database,but when im choosing the database objects an error appeared- something like this sir-Could not get column information for database object named ('my database' name',table name'). Is there a conflict on my ODBC 5.3 ansi driver?I also installed the mysql-connector-net 6.9.8..

Thanks sir..here's another problem:err:..i'm trying to use the report viewer ,i also made a design for the report,then i clicked 'add new data source',chose the database,but when im choosing the database objects an error appeared- something like this sir-Could not get column information for database object named ('my database' name',table name'). Is there a conflict on my ODBC 5.3 ansi driver?I also installed the mysql-connector-net 6.9.8..

Solved it already sir ..anyway thanks for the tutorials!

Back