treeview in windows form but not in web form

itlotl

Programming Experience
3-5
Anyone know why the treeview control shows up in my windows form toolbox, but not in my web form toolbox? I saw something on the Microsoft site that made me think it should be available on a web form, but I can't find it.

Thanks,
jt

You mean the System.Windows.Forms.TreeView? If you want to know what controls are available for WebForms then look up the System.Web.UI.WebControls Hierarchy help topic.

Thanks for the info. I looked and I didn't see treeview in the list. It's actually pretty disappointing. I read a few things in the past that made me think it would be available to use in a web form, and had planned on using it to be the primary interface to the database I'm working with. I would just use a windows form instead, but my customer wants to have web access to the database. Anybody have any advice for me?

yes you can use it but only in IE. you have to donwload treeview for internet explorer component (on microsoft.com). but i would not recoment it for you because it's only for ie (but again i have not test it). there are some free treeview components on web (search would do).

Back