Question Change to .Net Framework 2

naduntha

Programming Experience
3-5
I am using Visual Basic 2010 express and its default .Net framework is 4.0. But i need to use .Net framework 2 in my application. How can I change it?:confused::confused:

Last edited:
Don't worry about my problem.
I found the answer for it. I show it to u....

Go to : Project -> Properties -> Compile -> Advanced Compile Option
and the target framework

VS2008Multitargeting_1_3.jpg

VS2008Multitargeting_2_3.jpg

The Express Editions (if I remember correctly) don't have the ability to change the FW Target (or any of the other Advanced Compiler Settings) however it's possible to simply add the FW target xml tag in the *.vbproj file outside of VS and it will honor it when compiling it. I don't know what tags to add to the project file though, but I'm sure a simple google search will tell you pretty quickly.

The Express Editions (if I remember correctly) don't have the ability to change the FW Target (or any of the other Advanced Compiler Settings)
Yes it does, see screenshots in previous post.

Yes it does, see screenshots in previous post.
I'll have to remember that, the last time I used an Express edition was VB2008 Express, which didn't have any of the advanced options in the IDE. I'm glad to see MS has added it.

I'll have to remember that, the last time I used an Express edition was VB2008 Express, which didn't have any of the advanced options in the IDE. I'm glad to see MS has added it.
Both VB Express 2008 and 2005 also had the advanced options. You may be thinking of advanced build configurations (Configuration Manager), that was hidden and had to be enabled in Options.

.Net Framework change

In the VS 2010 ultimate, we can change the FW from both "New Project" window and "Advanced Compile Option" window. But in the VS 2010 express/ VS 2008 express/ VS 2005 express, it has only "Advanced Compile Option" and it works well
:cool::cool:

Back