datasets in solution explorer?

threeo

Programming Experience
1-3
i have been programming in visual studio for 6 months
i use vb.net

anyway......all this time, whenever i needed to use a particular dataset on a form, i would go over to the right side of my development environment and there were TWO tabs - one was soultion explorer and the other was something else which i can not remember and it is missing now and i can no longer associate a dataset to a form.

the way it worked in the past is i would go to that second tab and it had a list of datasets just like soultion explorer but they were somehow different. i could simply grab one and drag it onto my form and it would magically appear at the bottom of the form.
the datasets in solution explorer do not let me drag and drop. i never knew why.
anyway.......the second tab has now mysteriously disappeared and now i can no longer associate a dataset to a form.

can anyone help me?

it isn't the toolbox that has the missing tab....it's the solution explorer portion
i have been searching under "view" and "toolbars" and right-clicking everywhere but can not figure out what has disappeared.

do you know how i can drag and drop a dataset onto a form???

i found this online:
We now need to add the Dataset1 to the combo box and the form. In the solutions explorer open the Data sources window. Expand the Dataset1 to show the Models table, highlight the Models table and from the drop down menu select Details. Now highlight the Models table and drag onto the form1 and drop it on
so apparently i am missing the "data sources" window. i am STILL searching for it!
anyone know how to recover the datasources window???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom