Question Problem with COM add-in for Excel

garmstro

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I'm a new member and hope I've chosen the appropriate forum for my question.

I'm wondering whether anyone might be able to help me with the following problem.

I have a .NET COM module add-in for Excel, which I wrote in VB back in 2004, and have been using fairly regularly since then.

The Installer package has come with me from job to job and I have never had any problems loading it onto new machines and connecting with Excel. (Provided .NET framework is installed and I have admin rights to the machine)

I haven't used the add-in for about six months and recently tried to install it on my current machine (which I have had for 2 years). The installer appears to run OK, but the add-in does not connect with Excel.

I have checked that .NET framework is installed and I have admin rights to the machine.

I don't know what has changed in the past six months that would interfere with the add-in???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Grant

PS It may be a red herring, but one thing I have noticed is that when I right-click on the Installer there is no "Run as" option, as appears with other programs. I can't recall whether this has always been the case with the Installer, or whether this is indicative of some security measure that is causing the problem.

Back