Question MySql db cannot be edited in designer

gate7cy

Programming Experience
3-5
I have a small application that I have been developing using Access and visual studio 2008/VB. I started converting it to MySql and I have been encountering some problems. The way I converted was to first delete from my forms the datasets, tableadapters and tableadaptermanagers. After I delete the dataset from the solution explorer. At the end I add back to each form the datasets, adapters, etc. Finally I re-establish the connection by editing the datasource, datamember properties of the bindingsources.
All until here is done without a problem and it works fine. As soon as I try to edit the dataset in the designer by either editing or adding a query the database files in the data sources are gone. Gone as if the dataset is deleted from the solution explorer. But the dataset is still there. I do not know what is making this. I have gone over this procedure and read, searched but not answer. Somewhere in the Visual Studio the program complains :
MySql connection was aborted by the software

I do not know what to do. I do not want to start allover again from the start. Any one has or knows this problem please hellpppppp. Thanks for your time

Back